Sharing Your Donation Form
You may find that sharing your donation form on social medias like facebook or linkedin helps you raise more donations. If this is the case you will want to ensure that the preview to your form is as appealing as possible. This article will help you accomplish that.
First, you will need to get the link for the donation form you want to share. If this form does not require customization from the micharity team, you can find the link under "Campaigns" > Select the "Campaign ID" > then copy the highlighted link in the section below
This link can be shared anywhere and the user will be taken to the donation form for this campaign.
To customize what appears in the link preview, you will need to know and do the following.
(1) The campaign description within the Micharity platform has a limit of 1000 characters. Adding more will not allow you to save your changes. You can access the campaign description by selecting the edit button for the campaign as shown in the image above.
(2) LinkedIn requires 100 characters for the campaign description. Thus, anything less than that will not show within the preview
(3) Facebook Sharing Requirements for campaign images:
(3.1) The minimum allowed image dimension is 200 x 200 pixels.
(3.2) The size of the image file must not exceed 8 MB.
(3.3) Use images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for the best display on high resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels to display link page posts with larger images.
(4) If no campaign image is uploaded for a campaign, we have an image that we will use instead (see below)
(5) If using a custom form that has multiple campaigns linked to it, the default social image will appear as the link preview (see above)
(5.1) A custom form of this type can be created by the Micharity team for customers on the Engage plan or higher.
(6) If a campaign description is not provided, we will use the default text in the preview of the link. Note, the default text will always be used if you are using a donation form with multiple campaigns attached.